RALEIGH, (SGRToday.com) - The North Carolina Board of Elections reports the state's voter registration statistics are as follows as of Monday, August 20, 2012.
Democrat -- 2,759,715
Republican -- 1,996,448
Unaffiliated -- 1,620,984
Libertarian -- 15,434
Total Registered Voters: 6,392,581
The deadline to register to vote in North Carolina is 25 days before the day of an election.
To register to vote, the Board of Elections sites these requirements:
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be a resident of North Carolina.
- Prior to voting, must be a resident of the county for at least 30 days prior to election day.
- Must be at least 18 years old or will be 18 by the date of the next general election.
- Must rescind any previous registration in another county or state.
- If previously convicted of a felony, the person’s citizenship rights must be restored (must not be serving an active sentence, including probation or parole).